Tagging is an important and simple way to do advanced functions in CopperEgg
To tag a server, simply click on the details button (bottom right) on any dashboard widget. Then use the green + button to add a tag. Keep it simple, things like prod, web, api, dev, db, app may do the job just fine.
Tags are used for:
1. Creating a correlated view of servers, probes and RUM web apps in the detail view when tagged the same, for example, web, prod, frontend, app, api, db, etc.
2. Filtering your dashboard to show only those system tagged "x"
3. Sending targeted alerts only to systems tagged "x"
4. Creating Read-only users that can only see systems tagged "x"
5. Designating a server to run in Pro mode